Central Virginia Attorneys Serving Amherst, Lynchburg, And Nelson
We Understand Your Legal Problems
If you want to solve a problem, you first have to understand it. This is as true in day-to-day life as it is in the practice of law. At Shrader & Goad, in Amherst, Virginia, our general practice attorneys are effective at solving our clients’ legal problems because we know the law and how it affects real-life situations.
If you come to us with a legal concern, we will discuss it with you thoroughly, so we understand your point of view and the outcomes you wish to achieve. Moreover, we will do the research necessary to uncover the facts. Once we have all the necessary information, we can recommend a course of action and inform you of your options within the law.
This prudent approach might seem obvious, but it truly differentiates our law firm. When clients hire us to do legal work for them, we take their needs seriously and perform the due diligence to meet those needs.
Our goal is to provide a favorable return on your investment in legal services.
Our Categories Of Practice
Although Shrader & Goad is a general practice law firm, there are areas in which we focus. If you retain us, we can help you solve legal problems related to the following:
- Criminal defense: We represent clients accused of misdemeanor and felony crimes, ranging from traffic violations to crimes of violence.
- Business and commercial law: We offer a full suite of legal services to small and medium-sized business clients relating to transactions, contracts, employment, and business start-ups, among other matters. Shrader & Goad provides registered agent services, meaning we can serve as a registered agent for a corporation or limited liability company and can receive legal documents on behalf of your business.
- Real estate law: We provide comprehensive residential and commercial real estate services for our clients, including drafting, reviewing, and defending real estate contracts for residential and commercial sales and leasing, handling property disputes, and much more.
- Local government matters and disputes: We represent individuals, businesses, developers, and others who need to resolve land use, permitting, and other concerns involving local government entities.
- Personal injury and workplace injury: We help clients to obtain justice and recover financial compensation following injuries in accidents caused by negligence.
- Family law: We represent individuals in all legal matters relating to the family, including divorce, child custody, and child support.
- Estate planning: We assist clients of all ages and incomes with drafting useful estate planning documents that protect their assets and preserve their wishes. We also provide elder law services that address the health care and financial needs of elderly clients.
- Delinquent real estate tax collections and auctions: We represent local governments in collecting delinquent real estate taxes through a process that may result in auctions of the real estate.
Other Civil Matters
Our Amherst, Virginia, lawyers also represent plaintiffs and defendants in other civil matters, including civil litigation (both plaintiff- and defendant-side) and in negotiations and alternative dispute resolution intended to prevent or avoid civil litigation. This flexibility helps clients to succeed in civil claims against insurance companies. Through litigation and settlement, we help them to recover the money they are due under the terms of the insurance contracts.
Other services we provide include advice and representation regarding:
- Lemon Law cases involving compensation for defective automobiles
- Immigration matters involving visas for temporary and permanent residence
- Unlawful detainer (warrant in detinue) cases in which a plaintiff’s property is unlawfully withheld by a person or entity
- School-related issues involving truancy and suspensions
Free Consultation, Reasonable Fees
At Shrader & Goad, we offer a free initial consultation with a lawyer to each of our prospective clients. Much of our work is on a flat-fee basis, not hourly. For more information, contact us online or call 434-509-0226, 888-497-1184 toll free. We represent clients throughout Amherst County, Nelson County, Buckingham County, the City of Lynchburg, and Central Virginia.