Small Business Lawyers In Amherst, Lynchburg, And Nelson
Meeting The Legal Needs Of Central Virginia Businesses
At Shrader & Goad in Amherst, Virginia, our lawyers understand the legal needs of businesses and commercial entities throughout Central Virginia. We serve those needs by providing efficient, reasoned and cost-effective legal counsel to our business and commercial clients.
Specific areas of our business and commercial representation include:
- Business startups. Our attorneys provide advice and assistance for new businesses, helping them with founding documents, incorporation, and strategies for limiting personal liability in business affairs.
- Business contracts. We draft, review, and defend business buy-sell agreements and contracts for goods and services, among other contractual matters.
- Business transactions. Our Amherst buy-sell agreement lawyers assist businesses in a wide range of real property transactions, including those involving real estate acquisitions and development, as well as in purchases and sales of equipment and facilities, and real estate acquisition and development.
- Business collections. We assist businesses with debt collections by issuing warrants in debt against debtors and pursuing wage garnishments or other collections actions in court.
- Landlord-tenant issues. We represent landlords in disputes with tenants over rents and leases, provide legal assistance in the eviction process, and provide legal defenses against tenant-driven lawsuits.
- Insurance settlements. We help businesses to obtain compensation on valid claims for property damage and other losses covered by insurance policy contracts.
- Civil litigation. We represent clients in lawsuits involving business-related matters in Virginia circuit courts, district courts, and appellate courts, if required.
- Negotiations. When possible and beneficial to our clients, we seek settlements through negotiation as an alternative to litigation.
Ask about our registered agent services. Our lawyers can serve as corporate registered agents accepting service of court summons, warrants in debt, and other legal documents on behalf of your business.